Is it too late for New Year’s Resolutions? I hope not! I am so excited about this year, so full of expectation and I can’t wait to see what the year holds for me. I am also determined to start the year right, especially in terms of my health, fitness, beauty and dietary regimens. So I have finally gotten round to penning my goals and resolutions for 2015.
Starting from the top left corner of the pic, here are my resolutions in no particular order of importance:
- The car key represents my going to see my family and friends and nurturing my relationships more this year. Having a solid support system behind you is so important and I am truly grateful for mine. I need to get better at keeping in touch with people and letting my loved ones know how important they are to me, so I shall make more of an effort this year.
- Nail varnishes – I want to take better care of my nails. Just because I’m a DIY diva when it comes to Grace does not mean that I should not have nice nails.
- Following on from the above, I have also determined that my feet must not suffer either – I plan to get a pedicure at least once a month (home DIY pedis count too!), hence the electronic foot file. I resolve to scrub the soles of my feet at least once a week too!
- It’s really important for me this year to improve my eating habits and ensure I drink at least 2 litres of water a day. I am determined to reduce (if possible eradicate) fast food from my diet.
- The Carol’s Daughter Marguerite’s Magic pomade for me represents the shift in my focus from length and definition of my hair to health and volume. Grace is 5 years old!!!!! I can’t believe it has been five years since I went natural! So yeah, there will be more protective styles and when Grace is out, more volume, not so much definition. In fact, definition is so 2014! Ha!
- I really really REALLY (!) need to get fit. I’m starting off with skipping – I’m going to try and skip at least once a day for 30 minutes and add to my workout as I go along. I have a special place in my heart for the Jane Fonda “New Workout” and guess what????? It’s finally out on DVD. That’s right the new workout from 1985 is finally out on DVD so I don’t have to keep dusting off my VHS tape. So excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- The tags represent the current shopping ban I am under. Yep, it’s real. No more spending. I am excited about discovering what’s in my wardrobe and falling in love with it all over again.
- I absolutely resolve to keep up my Korean beauty regimen – no matter how tired I am! I have seen such a difference in my skin I know it is worth the effort. Also, I need to stop touching my face and also resolve not to squeeze pimples.
- Last year was epic in terms of travel and I can’t let the side down this year! There’s also a new move on the horizon – I’m a bit scared but hoping it will also be a great opportunity so more excitement than fear at this point!
- Finally, I really want to explore new avenues of growth for the blog – I love sharing my hair and style adventures with Grace, as well as other things or places that I’m loving so expect more on that front! 2015 is the year to be fearless and just go for it, so I shall.
With all these resolutions and goals and plans, it’s important to me that God is at the centre of them. After all, we make plans but it’s His Will that comes to pass in the end. So this year, 2015, I’m committing it into the Lord’s hands and I shall go with Him through it. #excited